- This category is for dark, milk or white bars with added flavours
- The manufacturing process from tree to bar, i.e., growing, fermenting, roasting, grinding, refining, conching and moulding, must take place and be controlled by a single business in the country or island where the cacao is grown. If you are the plantation owner, please indicate this in the description of your bar.
- A minimum of 50% cocoa solids for dark bars, 30% cocoa solids for milk bars, and 30% cocoa butter for white bars is required. The manufacturer’s own cocoa butter must be used in all applications but milk, including plant milks, may be sourced elsewhere. The bar must not contain any artificial additives. Lecithin is permitted
- Natural oils and milks are permitted (with the exception of palm oil).
- Where a bar is deliberately ‘coarse ground’ or the cacao ‘raw’ please indicate this; it will be relayed to the judges.
- Please submit bars as sold for retail, there is no need to re-melt to delete logos or markings
- Please submit chocolate bars to a minimum total weight of 250g.
Multiple entries are permitted.