Tree to Bar Milk
- The manufacturing process from tree to bar, i.e., growing, fermenting, roasting, grinding, refining, conching and moulding, must take place and be controlled by a single business in the country or island where the cacao is grown. If you are the plantation owner, please indicate this in the description of your bar.
- A minimum of 30% cocoa solids is required. The manufacturer’s own cocoa butter must be used in all applications, but milk, including plant milk, may be sourced elsewhere.
- The bar must not contain any artificial additives. Lecithin is permitted.
- Natural oils and milks are permitted (with the exception of palm oil).
- Where a bar is deliberately ‘coarse ground’ or the cacao ‘raw’ please indicate this; it will be relayed to the judges.
- Please submit bars as sold for retail, there is no need to re-melt to delete logos or markings
- Please submit chocolate bars to a minimum total weight of 250g.
Multiple entries are permitted.