Tree to Bar Plain (Dark)
- The manufacturing process from tree to bar, i.e., growing, fermenting, roasting, grinding, refining, conching and moulding, must take place and be controlled by a single business in the country or island where the cacao is grown. If you are the plantation owner, please indicate this in the description of your bar.
- A minimum of 60% cocoa solids is required.
- The bar must not contain any artificial additives. Lecithin is permitted.
- No vegetable fat, other than cocoa butter, is permitted.
- The category is for plain (no added flavour) bars only. No vanilla, salt, nibs or specialist sugars are permitted in this category; please enter all bars containing any of these in the Tree to Bar Seasoned category.
- Bars with the inclusion of cacao nibs should also be entered in the Tree to Bar Sesoned category.
- Where a bar is deliberately ‘coarse ground’ or the cacao ‘raw’ please indicate this; it will be relayed to the judges.
- Please submit bars as sold for retail, in full retail packaging.
- Please submit a minimum of 5 chocolate bars, to a minimum total weight of 250g.
Multiple entries are permitted.