- This category is for dark bars containing vanilla, salt, nibs or specialist sugars (whether cane molasses or sugars from sources such as coconut or maple). Bars with other added flavours should be entered in the Tree to Bar Flavoured category.
- The manufacturing process from tree to bar, i.e., growing, fermenting, roasting, grinding, refining, conching and moulding, must take place and be controlled by a single business in the country or island where the cacao is grown. If you are the plantation owner, please indicate this in the description of your bar.
- A minimum of 60% cocoa solids is required. The manufacturer’s own cocoa butter must be used in all applications. The bar must not contain any artificial additives. Lecithin is permitted.
- Natural oils and milks are permitted (with the exception of palm oil).
- Where a bar is deliberately ‘coarse ground’ or the cacao ‘raw’ please indicate this; it will be relayed to the judges.
- Please submit bars as sold for retail, there is no need to re-melt to delete logos or markings
- Please submit chocolate bars to a minimum total weight of 250g.
Multiple entries are permitted.