- All chocolates, drinks and spreads entered in the Awards must be available for retail.
- The fee for entering the awards is £50 for each entry; AoC Members attract discounts. All fees must be paid at the time of entry.
- If you are based outside the UK and wanting to submit fragile products with a short shelf life, such as filled chocolates and truffles, please bear in mind shipping times and possible delays when deciding whether to enter and how to ship your products. Please note also the advice to state on all paperwork that the products have no commercial value, as the Academy is unable to meet customs charges levied on the recipient.
STAGE 1: REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY
- This year we have separated registration into two phases, with all Tree to Bar and Bean to Bar categories now judged; and Filled Chocolates, Flavoured (couverture) bars, Chocolate Drinks, Spreads and Brand Experience categories now open for entry with judging taking place in October.
- Please register your entries online (see links below).
- Covid measures permitting, we are reverting to our usual procedure of judging blind all remaining categories aside from Brand Experience, with main flavours listed where relevant, the description entered available to view, and ingredient queries honoured with discretion.
- Multiple entries may be made in each category but note that you will need to complete the detail for each product entered before starting afresh with the next product, whether in the same or a different category. Each completed entry will be added to a Shopping Basket and the email with confirmation of payment will include the detail of the entries you have made.
- Payment should be made at the time of entry via PayPal (this permits the use of most major credit cards, you need not be a PayPal member) or BACS. Please select the appropriate option at checkout.
- Entries are now closed; results are published once category judging is completed.
- Feedback on all entries is available on request.
STAGE 2: SUBMITTING YOUR PRODUCT
All bars, boxes and containers must be labelled with the code number issued to you via email by the AoC. If you have not received a code number within 72 hours of payment/entry confirmation, please contact email@example.com
All samples should be delivered to the College no later than Friday 22nd October 2021. Samples of fresh truffles and the like may be delivered to the College in person between 9am and 2pm BST on Saturday 23rd October. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. Refunds will not be made.
We strongly recommend choosing a delivery method that permits tracking and confirmation of delivery.
- For each entry in the Filled Chocolates categories please submit a minimum of 30 of each chocolate.
- For each entry in the Flavoured Bar categories please submit a minimum of 2 bars, to a minimum total weight of 250g.
- For each entry in the Drinking Chocolate categories please submit 2 x 125g minimum weight of the ingredients for the chocolate drink and include instructions for preparation.
- For each entry in the Chocolate Spreads categories please submit 2 jars or containers.
- For your entry in the Brand Experience category please submit 3 sets of your chosen entry.
- Please ensure that your products are fresh and carefully prepared.
- Please take great care with packaging and posting – damaged entries cannot be judged fairly.
- Please ensure that all boxes AND separate bars or trays (if submitting more than one type of sample in the same box) are clearly labelled with your name and the code issued to you. All entries judged in the autumn, aside from Brand Experience, will be plated, judged blind (but with flavours and other essentials cited) and identified to judges only by their code.
- The sender is responsible for all delivery charges including tax and duty. Where charges are levied to the receiver, the Academy reserves the right to reject the consignment, while making all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the sender and secure payment from them before doing so.
- The judges’ decision is final, and while feedback on all entries is provided on request, no other correspondence relating to the published results will be undertaken.