- All products entered in the Awards must be available for retail.
- The fee for entering the awards is £50 for each entry. AoC Members attract discounts; please contact us if you do not have a discount code.
All fees must be paid at the time of entry.
- If you are based outside the UK please bear in mind shipping times and possible delays when deciding whether to enter and how to ship your products. Please note also the advice to state on all paperwork that the products have no commercial value, as the Academy is unable to meet customs charges levied on the recipient.
STAGE 1: REGISTERING YOUR ENTRY
- We have once again separated registration into two phases. Tree to Bar and Bean to Bar categories have now been judged and results will be published on 18th July 2022. Filled Chocolates, Flavoured (couverture) bars, Chocolate Drinks, Spreads and Brand Experience categories will be judged in October, with registration opening later this year.
- Please register your entries online (see links below).
- Multiple entries may be made in each category but note that you will need to complete the detail for each product entered before starting afresh with the next product, whether in the same or a different category. Each completed entry will be added to a Shopping Basket and the email with confirmation of payment will include the detail of the entries you have made.
- Payment should be made at the time of entry via PayPal (this permits the use of most major credit cards, you need not be a PayPal member) or BACS. Please select the appropriate option at checkout.
- Results for the Tree to Bar and Bean to Bar categories will be published on Monday 18th July.
- Feedback on entries will be available on request.
STAGE 2: SUBMITTING YOUR PRODUCT
All products must be labelled with the code number issued to you via email by the AoC. Codes will be issued once payment is received in our account.
If you have not received a code number within 72 hours of payment/entry confirmation, please contact email@example.com
We strongly recommend choosing a delivery method that permits tracking and confirmation of delivery.
- Please take great care with packaging and posting – damaged entries cannot be judged fairly. If submitting samples from overseas, we strongly recommend sound insulation; any chill gel packs should be guaranteed leakproof to avoid moisture damage.
- The sender is responsible for all delivery charges including tax and duty. Where charges are levied to the receiver, the Academy reserves the right to reject the consignment, while making all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the sender and secure payment from them before doing so.
The judges’ decision is final, and while feedback on all entries is provided on request, no other correspondence relating to the published results will be undertaken.