- All chocolates, drinks and spreads entered in the Awards must be available for retail.
- The fee for entering the awards is £50 for each entry; Early Bird entry and AoC Members attract discounts. All fees must be paid at the time of entry.
- If you are based outside the UK and wanting to submit fragile products with a short shelf life, such as filled chocolates and truffles, please bear in mind shipping times and possible delays when deciding whether to enter and how to ship your products.
STAGE 1: SUBMITTING YOUR ENTRY
- Please select your product entries online and add to the shopping basket.
- While all products are judged blind, main flavours will be listed where relevant, the description entered will be available on request, and ingredient queries honoured with discretion.
- Multiple entries may be made in each category but note that you will need to complete the detail for each product entered before starting afresh with the next product, whether in the same or a different category.
- Payment should be made at the time of entry via PayPal (this permits the use of most major credit cards, you need not be a PayPal member) or BACS. Please select the appropriate option at checkout.
- CLOSING DATE FOR ENTRY FORMS: Friday 31st January 2020
STAGE 2: SUBMITTING YOUR PRODUCT
***CORONA VIRUS UPDATE 15/06/20 ***
WHILE CORONA VIRUS CRISIS MEASURES ARE GRADUALLY EASED, WESTMINSTER KINGSWAY COLLEGE REMAINS CLOSED AT PRESENT AND IS NOT ABLE TO RECEIVE DELIVERIES. PLEASE DO NOT SEND OUT CHOCOLATE SAMPLES UNTIL WE ADVISE YOU TO DO SO: WE WILL GIVE AMPLE NOTICE TO ALL ENTRANTS WHOSE PRODUCTS WE HAVE NOT YET RECEIVED
All bars, boxes and containers must be labelled with the code number issued to you via email by the AoC. If you have not received a code number within 72 hours of payment/entry confirmation, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Filled Chocolates, flavoured couverture bars (not Bean to Bar entries), chocolate drinks, spreads and Brand Experience entries should be submitted for judging after Monday 3rd February 2020 and no later than 12 noon on Monday 17th February 2020. Entries received after this time will not be accepted. Refunds will not be made.
All Bean to Bar (and Tree to Bar) entries should be submitted for judging in the period Monday 16th March 2020 to
Tuesday 31st March 2020. This deadline is now suspended; please await instructions which will be issued once the college reopens and submissions and judging can resume.
We strongly recommend choosing a delivery method that permits tracking and confirmation of delivery.
Filled Chocolate entries may be delivered by hand on the morning of Monday17th February 2020.
- For each entry in the Bar categories please submit chocolate bars to a minimum total weight of 250g.
- For each entry in the Filled Chocolates categories please submit 30 of each chocolate.
- For each entry in the Drinking Chocolate categories please submit 2 x 125g minimum weight of the ingredients for the chocolate drink and include instructions for preparation.
- For each entry in the Chocolate Spreads categories please submit 2 jars or containers.
- For your entry in the Brand Experience category please submit a selection of your products that you feel communicates the quality, story and, where appropriate, range of your chocolate creations.
- Please ensure that your products are fresh and carefully prepared.
- Please take great care with packaging and posting – damaged entries cannot be judged fairly.
- Please ensure that all boxes AND separate bars or trays are clearly labelled with your name and the code issued to you. All entries aside from Brand Experience will be plated, judged blind (but with flavours and other essentials cited) and identified to judges only by their code.
- The sender is responsible for all delivery charges including tax and duty. Where charges are levied to the receiver, the Academy reserves the right to reject the consignment, while making all reasonable attempts to identify and contact the sender and secure payment from them before doing so.